How to Create Windows Forms Application in Visual Studio 2010
Our article regarding, how to develop; create windows forms application step by step in visual studio 2010.
Create windows forms application
- On the menu bar, choose File, New Project. The dialog box should look like this.
- New Project dialog will display as shown below.
- Click on Visual C# -> Select Windows
- Verify target framework version
- Select Windows Forms Application
- Specify project Name, Location and Solution name
- Click on OK
Visual Studio creates the project and automatically adds some files to the solution.
Visual studio 2010 interface for the window application
The interface contains three windows: a Main window, Solution Explorer, and the Properties window.
If any of these windows are missing, restore the default window layout by, on the menu bar, choosing Window, Reset Window Layout. You can also display windows by using menu commands. On the menu bar, choose View, Properties Window or Solution Explorer. If any other windows are open, close them by choosing the Close (x) button in their upper-right corners.
Now, in the article of create new windows forms application we are going to add controls in to the windows forms.
Add Controls to windows form
- Click on Toolbox
- Several controls are available in toolbox like Button, CheckBox, ComboBox, etc. You can simply design your surface by Click and drag a control from the Toolbox to the visual studio interface of windows application form.
- Click and drag Label control to the windows form.
Set Properties for Label Control
- We updated text properties as per our needs “Welcome Code Scratcher”
- Other properties as Font / ForeColor and other properties are there, apply as per your needs.
- We also applied the Font properties as “Arial Narrow, 26.25pt, style=Bold, Italic”
RUN Windows forms application
Run the Windows forms application by clicking on Start Debugging (F5) button.
CHECK OUT THE FINAL OUTPUT