Overview of SQL Server Database
SQL Server database are some of the most common databases in use. The goal of this article is to provide overview of the SQL Server database. In this article we give you step by step instruction about Installation Creation of database, table, stored procedure, etc. This is very useful for beginners.
overview of the SQL Server database
Install SQL Server Management Studio 2008
If you don’t know how to install SQL server and configure it then please download document.
Connect to Server
- Start up SQL Server Management Studio
- Connect to Server dialog; enter/select Server name and Authentication.
- Insert your Login and Password details.
- If you want to create a local database, set authentication type to “Windows Authentication“.
- Click Connect to continue.
Create a new sql server database
- Right-click on the Databases folder and select “New Database”.
- If it is not expanded, click the “+” icon next to it.
- A window will appear, allowing you to configure the database before creating it. Give the database name that will help you identify it. Most users can leave the rest of the settings at their default.
- You will note that as you type the database name, two additional files will be created automatically: the Data and the Log file. The data file houses all of the data in your database, while the log file tracks changes to the database.
- Select appropriate path of your database file.
- Click OK to create the database. You will see your new database appear in the expanded Databases folder. It will have a cylinder icon.
Create a new table in sql server database
- A database can only store data if you create a structure for that data. A table holds the information that you enter into your database, and you will need to create it before you can proceed. Expand the new database in your Databases folder, and right-click on the Tables folder and select “New Table“.
- Specify table Column Name and Data Type. Click on Save or press Ctrl + S.
- Specify a name for the table and then click OK.
Delete a table in sql server database
- Right-click on table, which you want to delete and click Delete.
- Delete Object window appear, Click OK to for your selected object to delete.
Create a new stored procedure
- If Programmability is not expanded, click the “+” icon next to it.
- Right-click on Stored Procedures folder and select New Stored Procedure…
- Specify Stored Procedure name, parameters and write query.
- Click on! Execute or press F5 for save stored procedure.